Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Needs and Glory of God

God created man to love and be loved, to need and to be needed.

As I was pencil writing in my journal earlier today, because I was frustrated with a particular lack in my life, I spent a couple minutes in prayer to realign myself with God. It got me thinking.

The Apostle Paul of the bible says, "My God will meet all your needs according to His riches in glory." I have been meditating on the 'according to' part of that verse a lot lately. What riches in glory am I offering to God? Or, what glory is God getting from the way I am living my life? Then I thought of a comment Pastor Rob said from the pulpit, "God wants to move but will His glory be safe?"  Isaiah says, "God will share His glory with no man." Because God has me alone with Him much of my days during this season in my life, I am investing very little energy anywhere else. I wrote in my journal a list of needs I felt I inherited from Adam or I was created with. The list got long so I gleaned out these few. God is able to meet all these needs with Himself alone if He chose.

To Belong, Fulfilling my Identity in Jesus, Significance, Purpose, Security, Safety, Protectin, The Holy Scriptures, Love (to give and receive), Friendship, Intimacy, To Worship Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit, Forgiveness and to Forgive, to Grow and be transformed into the image of Christ.

I have been thinking of my need to create, use my imagination, pursue excellence, to produce (provide for me and my children), to accomplish, obedience to the Word of God, intimacy in prayer, self-discipline, and living to glorify God and for His glory. I passionately want to pray big prayers from God and to be trustworthy with His glory.

I wrote this thought in my journal today:

"Man must see his sin and wretchedness before he sees the glory of God or he will be destroyed by pride."

No comments:

Post a Comment